Undergraduate Programs A-Z
- Accounting, B.B.A.
- Accounting, Minor
- Addiction Studies, Minor
- Advertising, Emphasis
- Advertising, Minor
- Advertising/Public Relations, Major
- African and African American Studies, Minor
- Allied Arts, B.A.
- Allied Arts, B.A.
- Anthropology of Health, Emphasis
- Anthropology, B.A.
- Anthropology, Emphasis
- Anthropology, Minor
- Applied Environmental Science, Emphasis
- Applied Exercise Physiology, Emphasis
- Applied Mathematics, B.S.
- Applied Physics, Emphasis
- Archeological Anthropology, Emphasis
- Art History, Emphasis
- Art History, Minor
- Art PreK-Adult, B.A.
- Art, B.A.
- Asian Studies, Minor
- Athletic Training (3+2)
- Athletic Training Comprehensive, Emphasis
- Athletic Training Health Communication, Emphasis
- Athletic Training Occupational Safety & Health, Emphasis
- Athletic Training Pre-Chiropractic, Emphasis
- Athletic Training Pre-Med, Emphasis
- Athletic Training Pre-Physical Therapy, Emphasis
- Athletic Training Pre-Physician’s Assistant, Emphasis
- Athletic Training Safety, Emphasis
- Bio Physics, Emphasis
- Biochemistry, B.S.
- Biological Science 9-Adult, B.A.
- Biological Sciences, Accelerated Master's Degree
- Biological Sciences, B.S.
- Biological Sciences, Minor
- Biomechanics Comprehensive, Emphasis
- Biomechanics Physics, Emphasis
- Biomechanics Pre-Medical, Emphasis
- Biomechanics Pre-Physical Therapy, Emphasis
- Biomechanics Safety, Emphasis
- Biomechanics, B.S.
- Biomedical Engineering, B.S. (B.S.B.M.E.)
- Broadcast, Emphasis
- Business Communication, Minor
- Cell, Molecular and Medical Biology, Emphasis
- Ceramics, Emphasis
- Chemical Sciences, B.S.
- Chemistry 9-Adult, B.A.
- Chemistry, B.S. ACS Certified
- Chemistry, Minor
- Civil Engineering, Emphasis
- Classics, Concentration
- Classics, Minor
- Clinical Exercise Physiology, Emphasis
- Commercial Music, Emphasis
- Communication Disorders, B.S.
- Communication Disorders, Minor
- Communication Studies, B.A.
- Communication Studies, Emphasis
- Communication Studies, Minor
- Computer and Information Security, B.S.
- Computer and Information Technology, B.S.
- Computer and Information Technology, Minor
- Computer Application Development, Emphasis
- Computer Forensics, Minor
- Computer Science, B.S.
- Computer Science, Minor
- Conservation and Wildlife, Emphasis
- Constitutional Democracy, Minor
- Corrections, Emphasis
- Creative Writing in English, Emphasis
- Creative Writing, B.A.
- Creative Writing, Minor
- Criminal Justice, B.A.
- Criminal Justice, Emphasis
- Criminal Justice, Minor
- Cyber Forensics and Security, B.S.
- Dance, Minor
- Department of Military Science
- Dietetics, B.S.
- Digital Forensics, Emphasis
- Digital Humanities, Minor
- Digital Marketing and Analytics, Emphasis
- Early Childhood Education, B.A.
- Early Education PK-K, B.A. (Second specialization only)
- Earth Science, B.A.
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Emphasis
- Economics, B.A.
- Economics, B.B.A.
- Economics, Minor
- Economics, Minor
- Electrical and Computer Engineering, B.S.E.E.
- Elementary Education K-6 Comprehensive, B.A.
- Engineering Geology, Emphasis
- Engineering Science, Minor
- Engineering Transfer Program
- Engineering, B.S.E.
- English 5-9, B.A. (Second Specialization only)
- English 5-Adult, B.A.
- English Education 5-Adult Teaching Specialization
- English, Minor
- Entrepreneurship, B.B.A.
- Entrepreneurship, Minor for Business Majors
- Entrepreneurship, Minor for Non-Business Majors
- Environmental Chemistry, B.S.
- Environmental Geoscience, Emphasis
- Environmental Science, B.S.
- Environmental Science, Emphasis
- European History, Minor
- Exercise Science, B.S.
- Exercise Science, Minor
- Facilities and Operation Management, Emphasis
- Fibers, Emphasis
- Film Studies, Minor
- Finance, B.B.A.
- Finance, Minor
- Forensic Chemistry, B.S.
- French, B.A.
- French, Minor
- Game Development, Emphasis
- Game Development, Minor
- Game/Simulation Development, Emphasis
- General Business, B.A.
- General Business, Minor
- General Humanities, Minor
- General Management, Emphasis
- General Science 5-9, B.A. (Second Specialization only)
- General Science 5-Adult, B.A.
- General Sonography, Emphasis
- General, Emphasis
- Generalist, B.A.
- Geography - GIScience, Emphasis
- Geography - Human, Emphasis
- Geography - Physical, Emphasis
- Geography, Accelerated Master’s Degree
- Geography, B.A.
- Geography, B.S.
- Geography, Emphasis
- Geography, Minor
- Geology, B.A.
- Geology, B.S.
- Geology, Minor
- German, Minor
- GIScience, Certificate or Minor
- GIScience, Emphasis
- Graphic Design, Emphasis
- Greek, Minor
- Health and Wellness, Minor
- Health Care Management, B.B.A.
- Health Communication, Concentration
- Health Sciences, B.S.
- History, B.A.
- History, Minor
- Hospitality and Tourism Marketing, Minor
- Human Resources and Organizational Behavior, Emphasis
- Humanities, B.A.
- Information Assurance, Certificate
- Information Assurance, Emphasis
- Instructional Technology and Library Science, Emphasis
- International Affairs, B.A.
- International Affairs, Minor
- International Business, B.B.A.
- Interpersonal Communication, Concentration
- Japanese PreK-Adult, B.A.
- Japanese Studies, Minor
- Japanese, B.A.
- Japanese, Minor
- Jazz Studies, Emphasis
- Journalism, Major
- Journalism, Minor
- Latin American Studies, Minor
- Latin, B.A.
- Latin, Minor
- Law Enforcement, Emphasis
- Legal Environment, Minor
- Legal Studies, Emphasis
- Literary Studies, B.A.
- Literature in English, Emphasis
- Management Information System, B.B.A.
- Management Information Systems, Minor
- Management, B.B.A.
- Management, Minor
- Marketing, B.B.A.
- Marketing, Minor
- Math/Applied Math Double Major
- Mathematical Statistics, Emphasis
- Mathematics 5-9, B.A. (Second Specialization only)
- Mathematics 5-Adult, B.A.
- Mathematics, B.S.
- Mathematics, M.A.
- Mathematics, Minor
- Mathematics, Teacher Certification
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.M.E.
- Media Production, Major
- Media Studies, Minor
- Medical Imaging Radiography, B.S.
- Medical Imaging, Emphasis
- Medical Imaging, Emphasis - Cardiovascular/Interventional Advanced Practice
- Medical Imaging, Emphasis - CT Advanced Practice
- Medical Imaging, Emphasis - CT MRI Advanced Practice
- Medical Imaging, Emphasis - Mammography
- Medical Imaging, Emphasis - Medical Imaging Management Advanced Practice
- Medical Laboratory Science, B.S.
- Medical Laboratory Technician, A.A.S.
- Medical Physics, Emphasis
- Meteorology, Emphasis
- Meteorology, Minor
- Microbiology, Emphasis
- Military Science and Leadership, Minor
- Military Science, Emphasis
- Multi-Categorical Special Education 5-Adult, B.A. (Second Specialization only)
- Multi-Categorical Special Education K-6, B.A. (Second Specialization only)
- Multidisciplinary Studies, Emphasis
- Multimedia, Emphasis
- Music History, Emphasis
- Music PreK-Adult, B.A.
- Music, B.A.
- Music, B.F.A.
- Music, Minor
- Musical Theatre, B.F.A.
- Natural History and Conservation, Emphasis
- Natural Resources and Recreation Management, B.S.
- Natural Resources and Recreation Management, Minor
- Nursing, A.S.N.
- Nursing, Pre-Licensure, B.S.N.
- Occupational Safety and Health, B.S.
- Occupational Safety and Health, Minor
- Organizational Communication, Concentration
- Painting, Emphasis
- Pedagogy, Emphasis
- Performance, Emphasis
- Performance, Emphasis
- Philosophy, Concentration
- Philosophy, Minor
- Photography, Emphasis
- Physics 9-Adult Comprehensive, B.A.
- Physics and Physical Science, Minor
- Physics, B.S.
- Plant Biology, Emphasis
- Political Science, B.A.
- Political Science, Emphasis
- Political Science, Minor
- Pre-Computer Science
- Pre-Health, Major
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Preschool Development, Emphasis
- Pre‐Pharmacy, Option
- Printmaking, Emphasis
- Production, Emphasis
- Professional Writing, B.A.
- Professional Writing, Minor
- Psychology, Accelerated Master’s Degree Program
- Psychology, B.A.
- Psychology, Emphasis
- Psychology, Minor
- Public Administration, Accelerated Master's Degree
- Public Communication, Concentration
- Public Relations, Emphasis
- Public Relations, Minor
- Radio/Television Production and Management, Emphasis
- Recreation and Physical Activities, Emphasis
- Regents, B.A. (RBA)
- Religious Studies, Concentration
- Religious Studies, Emphasis
- Religious Studies, Minor
- Respiratory Care, B.S.
- Risk Management and Insurance, Minor
- RN to B.S.N. Online Program
- RRT to B.S.R.C. Technology Enhanced Program
- Safety Technology, Minor
- Sales, Emphasis
- Sculpture, Emphasis
- Sexuality Studies, Minor
- Social Studies 5-9, B.A. (Second Specialization only)
- Social Studies 5-Adult, B.A.
- Social Work, B.S.W.
- Social Work, Minor
- Sociocultural Anthropology, Emphasis
- Sociology, Accelerated Master’s Degree Program
- Sociology, B.A.
- Sociology, Emphasis
- Sociology, Minor
- Sonography, Emphasis - Cardiovascular Sonography
- Sonography, Emphasis - General/OB-GYN
- Sonography, Emphasis - Pediatric/Fetal Echo Electives
- Sonography, Emphasis - Professional Sonographers
- Spanish 5-Adult, B.A.
- Spanish Studies, Minor
- Spanish, B.A.
- Spanish, Minor
- Specialty Agriculture, B.S.
- Sport Agency, Emphasis
- Sport Information, Emphasis
- Sport Management, B.S.
- Sport Management, Minor
- Sport Marketing, Emphasis
- Sport Studies, Emphasis
- Sport Studies, Minor
- Sports, Emphasis
- Statistic and Mathematics Double Major
- Statistics and Applied Mathematics Double Major
- Statistics, B.S.
- Statistics, Minor
- Studio Art, Minor
- Supply Chain Analytics, Emphasis
- Sustainability Management and Technology, B.B.A.
- Sustainability, Interdisciplinary Minor
- Video Production, B.A.
- Video Production, Emphasis
- Visual Art and Design, Emphasis
- Visual Arts, B.F.A.
- Vocal Jazz, Emphasis
Four-Year Programs Offered at Marshall University
A program is a unified series of courses or learning experiences that lead to a degree.
A major is a program of study requiring at least 24 semester credits for completion. It is offered within one department or by a combination of departments. It is a field of study within an approved degree program, having its own curriculum. A degree program may have more than one major. All courses in the major must be taken for a grade except internships, practica, and approved foreign study courses.
An Area of Emphasis is a specific subject area of study which has limited course offerings within an approved degree program and major. Normally, a minimum of twelve (12) credit hours would be expected for an area of emphasis at the undergraduate level.
|B.A.||Bachelor of Arts|
|B.B.A.||Bachelor of Business Administration|
|B.F.A||Bachelor of Fine Arts|
|B.S.||Bachelor of Science|
|B.S.B.M.E.||Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering|
|B.S.E.||Bachelor of Science in Engineering|
|B.S.E.E.||Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering|
|B.S.M.E.||Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering|
|B.S.W.||Bachelor of Social Work|
|R.B.A.||Regents Bachelor of Arts|
|CAM||College of Arts and Media|
|CECS||College of Engineering and Computer Sciences|
|COEPD||College of Education and Professional Development|
|COLA||College of Liberal Arts|
|COHP||College of Health Professions|
|COS||College of Science|
|COB||College of Business|