Office of Outreach and Continuing Studies
- Contacts: Dr. David J. Pittenger, Interim Associate Vice President for Outreach and Continuing Studies
The Marshall University Office of Outreach and Continuing Education (OCS) provides students with convenient access to college-level courses and programs with special emphasis on regional centers and adult learners.
With offices located on the Huntington and South Charleston campuses, OCS maintains regional centers at these locations:
- Mid-Ohio Valley Center, Point Pleasant
- Southern Mountain Center (on Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College campuses-Logan and Williamson)
- Teays Valley Regional Center, Teays Valley
- Erma Byrd Higher Education Center, Beckley
The Marshall University Office of Outreach and Continuing Education serves:
- Adult students who wish to complete a college degree;
- Students who live far from the main campuses;
- Military personnel and their families;
- High school students who meet the requirements to take college courses.
The OCS delivers educational content and services through a number of traditional and nontraditional formats, which include:
- College courses in the high school
- Online courses.
South Charleston Campus
100 Angus E. Peyton Drive
South Charleston, WV 25303-1600
Marshall University’s South Charleston campus is dedicated to making higher education opportunities more accessible to people living in the Kanawha Valley and surrounding counties. The South Charleston campus delivers general education core courses, special interest courses, and college courses in the high schools. We offer courses to meet the needs of traditional-age college students, nontraditional adult students, and accelerated high school students.
Southern Mountain Center
(on Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College campuses-Logan and Williamson)
Erma Byrd Higher Education Center, Beckley
304-256-0266, ext 1.