Exercise Science, B.S.
- General Education Course
- Milestone course: a key success marker for your major. See your advisor to discuss the importance of this course in your plan of study.
Courses in this category may not be completed under the credit/non-credit option.
- Core Curriculum
- Exercise Science Professional Core 79 hours
Course List Code Title Credit Hours BSC 227 Human Anatomy 4 BSC 228 Human Physiology 4 DTS 210 Nutrition 3 ESS 215 Intro to Exercise Science 3 ESS 345 Exercise Physiology 3 ESS 375 Fitness Assess & Exerc Prescr 3 ESS 386 Adult Fitness 3 ESS 442 Princ of Strength & Cond 3 ESS 443 Prin of Strength Cond Lab 1 ESS 478 Energy Sources Body Comp 3 ESS 491 Internship Exercise Science (minimum 6 credit hours required; maximum 12 credit hours) 6-12 HS 200 Comp Medical Terminology (CT) 3 HS 222 Hlth Prov First Aid/CPR/AED 3 HS 365 Functional Kinesiology 3 PSY 201 Introductory Psychology (CT) 3 PSY 223 Elem Behavioral Stat 3 PSY 440 Physiological Psychology 3 Any 3-credit-hour developmental course 3 Any 3-credit-hour ethics course 3 Any 3-credit hour free elective 3
- Area of Emphasis (Students must choose one)
- Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Core Curriculum
- Must be at least senior status into the summer of the last academic year and must have completed ESS 375 Fitness Assess & Exerc Prescr prior to starting the internship experience (completions of ESS 386 Adult Fitness, ESS 442 Princ of Strength & Cond, and ESS 443 Prin of Strength Cond Lab are strongly recommended).
- Graduation Requirements:
- An overall cumulative minimum GPA of 2.50
- A C or better on all required coursework
- Minimum 120 semester hours
All students who complete this undergraduate program are eligible to take the following exams:
- The Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- The ACSM certifications:
- Personal Trainer
- Health Fitness Specialist