Digital Humanities, Minor
To earn a minor in Digital Humanities, a student must complete at least 15 credits in approved Digital Humanities courses with a minimum GPA of 2.5. Other requirements:
- Students must take DH 201 Intro to Digital Humanities
- 12 additional credit hours in courses related to Digital Humanities.
- Because this is an interdisciplinary minor, students must complete coursework in at least 3 academic departments.
- At least 9 credit hours must have been completed at Marshall University. Students may utilize up to 6 credit hours in Digital Humanities coursework completed at another accredited institution with the approval of the Director of Digital Humanities.
- At least 6 of 15 credit hours must be in courses numbered 300 or above.
- In addition to the courses on the following list, students may include up to 9 credits earned in Special Topics courses, including Honors Seminars, and up to 3 credits earned in Independent Study, provided these courses have been approved by the Director of Digital Humanities for completion of the Digital Humanities minor.
- No courses taken on a credit/no credit basis can count toward completion of the minor.
Among the courses that may fulfill the Digital Humanities minor are the following:
|ANT 464||Design, Planning & Health||3|
|ANT 465||Disaster, Culture & Health||3|
|ART 219||Foundations: Frame/Time||3|
|ART 318||Art/Design for Websites||3|
|CS 110||Computer Science I||3|
|CS 120||Computer Science II||3|
|DH 201||Intro to Digital Humanities||3|
|ENG 263||Intro Digital Literary Studies||3|
|ENG 408||Writing in the Digital World||3|
|GEO 110||Basic GIS||1|
|GEO 111||Air Photos & Satellite Imagery||1|
|GEO 112||Smartphone GPS||1|
|GEO 113||Web GIS||1|
|GEO 426||Principles of GIS||4|
|JMC 241||Media Design||3|
|JMC 260||Digital Imaging for JMC||3|
|JMC 361||Digital Presence||3|
|JMC 462||Web Design for Mass Media||3|
The following courses count toward a Digital Humanities minor only when taught by approved faculty. Please check the program website or e-mail the Director of Digital Humanities for a list of approved faculty.
|ENG 344||Introduction to Film Studies||3|
|ENG 440||Selected Topics in Film||3|
|HST 303||American Military History||3|
|HST 312||African-American History||3|
|HST 437||Seminar in Public History||3|
|HST 438||Stuff and Things in History||3|